Meals: Serves 4
This easy sauce made in the microwave makes any pasta into a delicious meal. Try different shaped pasta for a change.
- Peel and roughly chop pumpkin and onion.
- Place pumpkin, onion, water and bay leaves in a microwave bowl.
- Cover and cook on high power for 8-10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Purée with pepper, nutmeg and sour cream.
- Finely chop salami.
- Place pumpkin seeds and margarine in a small microwave dish.
- Cover and cook on high power for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet. Drain.
- Place pasta into serving dish.
- Pour hot pumpkin sauce over the pasta, sprinkle with salami and pumpkin seeds and serve.
- Sprinkle with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.