Meals: Serves 4
Try making this easy tasty soup - this recipie is gluten free!
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add onions and stir fry until just cooked.
- Add potatoes, salt and pepper, first measure of water and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked
- Add second measure of water and the mussles.
- Heat to steaming hot, remove from heat, add coconut milk, if using, garnish and serve.
To cook mussles:
- 12-14 fresh unopened mussles in the shell, beard removed and rinsed.
- Place ½-1 cup water in large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add mussles and put on the lid. Reduce heat and steam for 5-10 minutes.
- When mussels have opened they are cooked. Do not use any mussles that have not opened.
- Remove from saucepan, cook and remove from shell.