Temperature: 220 °
Meals: Serves 8
This is an easy and delicious meal.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pierce the potatoes in serveral places with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for about an hour or until soft when pressed. Use an oven cloth sqeeze a potato to see if it feels soft. Alternatively, test by piercing with a fork or sharp knife.
- In a saucepan gently cook tomato and water until soft. Add red capsicum if using. Cook, stiring until mixture thickens.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato and holding with cloth, press genlty from the base to open up the potato.
- Place the potatoes on salad leaves if using. Spoon sauce over potatoes.
- Top with cheese, if using, and serve.
serve with a grilled sausage and salad.
Variation using Microwave:
- prick potatoes with a fork to pierce the skin
- Place in microwave, and cook on high power for abouit 4-5mins for each potatoes; two potatoes will take 8-10mins. The time depends on the power of the microwave and the size of the potatoes.
- Carefully remove potatoes from the microwave and follow instructions as above